Injury and Insurance Laws in Texas

Injury and Insurance Laws in Texas

Under Texan law, when car accidents occur, the involved parties must file a Crash Report, Form CR-2 under ten (10) days, especially when the accident is not investigated by a police officer, which results in injury, death, or property damage amounting to more than $1,000. Accomplishing the form would require you to acquire personal, vehicle, and insurance information from the other drivers, as well as the names and contact numbers of any witnesses.

Accident lawyers in Texas can walk you through an injury lawsuit, from where to start to the amount of compensation you are entitled to claim. Thus, it is wise to avail of professional legal services if you are ever tucked in accident and injury claims. Texas is a “fault” car insurance state. This means that you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the driver at fault. Every erring driver can be held liable for the damages and injuries caused upon the victim. Hence, drivers usually have liability insurance that can cover these expenses. If the amount exceeds the ceiling of the policy, the injured party can sue the driver for his personal payment.

To obtain what you are legally entitled to in injury and insurance claims, it is recommended that you hire injury lawyers in Texas. The procedure can be tedious for some, and having a legal professional work on it can ultimately help you sleep at night despite the pending issue.

For your legal queries on injury and insurance laws, contact us today at O’Kehie & Associates, Attorneys and International Legal Consultants. We are a law firm in Houston, Texas, that can help you with this matter.

This entry was posted in Texas Law and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

If you have any questions, please contact us now!

[ Return To Homepage ]